In June 2016 adidas launch their new season range of hockey sticks and similar to last year have simplified the options significantly ahead of the 2016 to 2017 season.
It’s great to have them launched ahead of the Rio Olympics where as always hockey will get suitable exposure with adidas as one of the key vendors of hockey sticks ready to help new comers.
So what’s changed with 2016 adidas hockey sticks?
adidas hockey sticks for 2016 are reduced to just 14 hockey stick options and this article will just give a brief overview, you can go directly to the adidas hockey stick website to see more and even buy direct.
How to choose the best adidas hockey stick for 2015 article on this site show’s you what to compare the adidas 2016 adidas hockey sticks to, we’ll provide the full range overview below.
More subtle colours, no need for the sunglasses!
Last years sticks were quite bright, the V24 and the LX24 in particular were a very bright yellow and green respectively.
For the 2016 season, adidas have seriously toned back the colour of their sticks, using much more earthy colors, however not loosing the classic stylish look of adidas and their famous 3 stripes.
As always, buying adidas hockey sticks online is easy, however to make sure you are searching for the correct model the pictures are a good indicator of the range you are buying from, check out our pictures in this article for the latest design.
So what adidas hockey sticks are left in 2016?
That statement makes it seem as if adidas are making us miss out on something. Not at all, lets be clear, adidas are still a great power in hockey and probably the most seen brand on the field.
Here’s the full run down of adidas 2016 sticks available from June 2016:
adidas 2016 TX24 Range – XXTREME24 Shape, low 24mm bow at 200mm up:
- adidas 2016 TX24 Carbon – 90% carbon fibre, 5% fibreglass, 5% aramid
adidas 2016 DF24 Range – 3TREME24 Shape, low 24mm bow at 200mm up with adidas drag flick groove (see best sticks to drag flick for more):
- adidas 2016 DF24 Carbon – 70% carbon fibre, 25% fibreglass, 5% aramid
- adidas 2016 DF24 Compo 6 – 100% fibreglass – NOTE: DF24 Compo 6 has a different shape, it is a highbow, 300mm up
adidas 2016 V24 Range – XTREME24 Shape, high 24mm bow at 300mm up:
- adidas 2016 V24 Carbon – 90% carbon fibre, 5% fibreglass, 5% aramid
- adidas 2016 V24 Compo 2 – 50% carbon fibre, 45% fibreglass, 5% aramid
- adidas 2016 V24 Compo 4 – 20% carbon fibre, 75% fibreglass, 5% aramid
- adidas 2016 V24 Compo 5 – 15% carbon fibre, 80% fibreglass, 5% aramid
adidas 2016 LX24 Range – adibow24 Shape, mid 24mm bow at 250mm up:
- adidas 2016 LX24 Compo 2 – 50% carbon fibre, 45% fibreglass, 5% aramid
- adidas 2016 LX24 Compo 5 – 15% carbon fibre, 80% fibreglass, 5% aramid
- adidas 2016 LX24 Compo 6 – 100% fibreglass
adidas 2016 W24 Range – adibow24 Shape, mid 24mm bow at 250mm up:
- adidas 2016 W24 Compo 3 – 30% carbon fibre, 65% fibreglass, 5% aramid
- adidas 2016 W24 Compo 5 – 15% carbon fibre, 80% fibreglass, 5% aramid
- adidas 2016 W24 Compo 6 – 100% fibreglass
No doubt, as always, adidas hockey sticks in the 2016 range will be awesome. My favourite thing about adidas hockey stick right across the range is the balance points and these, in the models I’ve held already are as good as always.
See all our adidas hockey stick articles by clicking here
Make your way over to adidas’s own website for details on how to buy a 2016 adidas hockey stick.
And for more indepth information, or, to review a stick from the 2015 season that might now be on a great special offer click here
Sign up to our newsletter for all the latest hockey stick news as it comes out >>>